****WARNING!!! SPOILERS AHEAD!!!****


The first episode of The Underland Project will bring to life only a portion of Chapter 2 (Pages 14-21) from the book Gregor the Overlander.

Being the first episode, it's clear in my head how to start and how to end it.

I wanted to start things with this short episode and Gregor, the main character, already in Underland. I might make some 3D fan art of him still at home but the animations will start when he already arrived at the Underland.


GOALS


  1. Accurately Visualize the Event in the Book
    • To honor Suzanne Collins and her amazing work, I want to be able to bring to life, through animation, her vision precisely.
    • This will include: Writing a good script, pacing the events well and taking into account every detail required to convert a written work into an animation.
  2. Make an Awesome Animated Short
    • I wanna take things up a notch in this project. Which means, I aim to make an animated short unlike anything I've done before.
    • Proper pacing, great visuals, good sound, every element that a great animated short have must dominate the entirety of this episode. In short, I wanna achieve a Disney-Pixar standard. I may not be able to do it 100% but I sure will try.
    • I also want to develop an animation pipeline that will be compatible with how I work and with the technology that I have.
      • Test some rendering methods
      • Make the most out of  Blender's Internal renderer.
    • And I also want to practice my animation skills:
      • Character, Creature, Environment modeling, texturing and rigging
      • Animation
      • Lighting and Compositing
    • And of course, I want to practice my filmmaking skills:
      • Script writing
      • Concept creation
      • Editing and Sound design
      • And maybe Music too
  3. Create the Animated Short Mostly By Myself
    • For this episode, I want to be alone. I want to know how much I can do by myself. Mostly because I'm the only one in Doodle Notes. I can't pay people yet to work on any projects. Despite the fact that there might be some who'd like to volunteer, I still want to go at it alone anyway.
    • I am making this episode a ground to exercise my independence as a filmmaker/animator. So that someday, I could share to other creators the tricks of getting tasks done even when your alone. I think it's essential, especially for aspiring YouTube creators, since some , maybe most, of us start with our career alone.
  4. Test The Doodle Notes System
    • The Underland Project being the first big project done following The Doodle Notes System, I also want to take it as an opportunity to test if the system I came up with in providing contents will aid me in achieving a stable job as a Filmmaker-YouTuber.

WATCH THE SPEED ART VIDEO BELOW
for more talk about the art and the episode 😄




PROJECT PIPELINE

For this project, I will follow this pipeline:

  • PRE-PRODUCTION STAGE
    • Write Script
    • Design
    • Modeling, Texturing and Rigging
      • Human Characters
      • Creatures
      • Environment
    • Voice Recording
    • Storyboard/Animatics
  • PRODUCTION STAGE
    • Animation
    • 3D Visual Effects
    • Lighting and Rendering
  • POST-PRODUCTION
    • Compositing
      • 2D Visual Effects
      • Color Grading
    • Final Editing, Sound Design and Music
  • PUBLICATION
    • Share it to the world!




PROGRESS




FOLLOW THE JOURNEY

https://www.facebook.com/DoodleNotes
https://twitter.com/DoodleNotes
https://plus.google.com/communities/105276988131696202444

WANT TO GIVE MORE SUPPORT?

The best place you  can do that at the moment is through my Patreon!
https://www.patreon.com/DoodleNotes


SUPPORT UNDERLAND CHRONICLES!


To be clear, THIS IS A FAN MODE PROJECT!
I just love the series so much that's why I decided to initiate it. If you are interested about the series and want to read them yourself, the best suggestion I can give right now is to search where you can get them through Google. 😀

3 comments:

  1. woow great projekt if you need help
    maybe a voice for a male character i hope i can help
    contact me
    kurobaakira@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the valuable information and insights you have so provided here...amateur teen

    ReplyDelete